Thursday 1 September 2011

Busy vs. Productive


When I was in the employment world, I was very busy at work. Most of the time. But that didn't mean I was effective. Or productive. Or happy. Sometimes I had to appear busy, as the boss was around. Sometimes when I've finished all my projects, I had to keep myself occupied, like surfing the net or chatting with colleagues. The clock ticks, and time passed, and then I could break for lunch, or clock-out at the end of the day.

It was great when Fridays came. I could have my own time back again. But then, I still wasn't productive. I would go shopping. Or indulge in trashy novels. All the "busy" activities to help time pass. But totally meaningless in the long run.

I hated being in that situation. But I didn't know where else to go. I had more fears than guts. I wasn't happy where I was but it was always a case of "then where else is better?" Until I made "the change". The humongous decision to take charge of my own life. Do my business, to be responsible for myself.

Now, all my daily activities have 2 objectives:
1) I'm enjoying it, and it's what I choose to do.
2) It brings me closer to my dreams.

I am now truly productive. I plan my work. Then I work my plan. This is Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment