Tuesday 12 July 2011

Strive For What You Want; But Be Happy Where You Are


Last night at a dinner, I had an unexpected encounter with a beautiful Italian lady from Italy’s d’Abruzzo region.  She’s many years younger than me but she thought I’m 3 years younger than her. Aahhh… J

Anyway, being the only 2 female in a roomful of 10 gentlemen, we had a “ladies’ chat”. And, as in my nature, in that short space of time, she was comfortable enough to reveal to me her age, where she was born, where she worked previously, whether she enjoys her job, her boyfriend, where he works, how long have they been together, does she plan to get married, do they plan to have children, where are the parents from, any pressure from the parents etc etc..

She enquired about my marital status. When I shared I am single, was and still am, she got curious. I then shared something which triggered her to say I am very wise and I believe endeared me to her. I said I like to have a significant other, I do not want to be single forever. But in the meantime, I’m happy where I am. Just because I want something else doesn’t mean I’m not happy where I am. You should always be grateful for where you are, but you can still want something else. Appreciate what your situation can give you, even though you may be striving for something else. That’s what I practice… and

That’s the secret of how to be happy..

No comments:

Post a Comment